Should You Get Additional Coverage on Your Auto Insurance?

Depending on your situation, it may be necessary to get additional auto insurance coverage. Each insurance agency has different offerings and this includes packages of different policies. It can be helpful to sit down with an agent such as those at Griffin Insurance Agency of the Mooresville, NC area. Here are just a few of the extra types of policies and where you can ask for extra coverage.

Full Glass Coverage

This pays out if you need to replace or repair your automobile’s window glass if it’s broken or chipped. You wouldn’t have to pay a deductible on this.

Rideshare Insurance

This is a fairly new type of insurance and it covers you when you’re driving for a rideshare service including Lyft and Uber.

Rental Reimbursement

This provides you with coverage to get a rental car when your vehicle is being repaired as a covered claim repair.

Gap Insurance

This covers the difference between the amount the car is worth and what you owe on your auto loan if you are leasing a vehicle. This also can be used if you purchased a new car. Though it’s an optional policy, it’s something that you may be asked to get if you are leasing your car.

New Car Replacement Insurance

This is similar to gap insurance in that it will cover the value of a new car if yours was totaled during an accident. Typically, an insurance company will offer only a gap or new car replacement policy.

Roadside Assistance

Also known as towing and labor coverage, this helps in the instance that you break down and require changing out of a tire, a battery jump, or if you need your vehicle to be towed to the repair shop.

See what you may be eligible for and which of these is offered at Griffin Insurance Agency. Serving the Mooresville, NC area, we’re proud to help the people of the community get the right auto coverage for their needs.