What does a standard home insurance policy cover?

Your home in Mooresville, NC is a treasure and sanctuary. You need a home insurance policy that matches how you feel about your dwelling place. The agents at Griffin Insurance Agency can help you craft an indemnity plan that best suits your family’s needs.

Why do you need home insurance?

There is no state law requiring homeowners in Mooresville, NC to obtain an indemnity plan for their property. You should, however, consider purchasing home insurance for a number of reasons. 

First, the tenants of your mortgage agreement may require you to have home insurance that covers at least the structure. Some lenders attach an indemnity plan that protects their investment when the borrower fails to maintain a home insurance plan. 

The problem with a lender charging you for a home indemnity policy of their choosing is that such a plan protects them while leaving your family in the cold. You can forge about a good home insurance plan that pays if your personal possessions are damaged when the lender chooses the plan. Such is a reason for you to be proactive in your approach to a home indemnity plan. 

Another reason to buy home insurance is because of natural disasters. The best plans pay for damages to your home when inclement weather or a firestorm ravage your dwelling place. 

What does a standard home insurance plan cover?

A standard home insurance policy does not pay for natural disasters. A good plan does, however, cover your structure along with personal possessions inside of the home. 

The agents at Griffin Insurance Agency can help you understand the benefits of a good home insurance plan. Call them today to get started with a quote for coverage!

An Overview of Commercial Property Insurance

Based in Mooresville, NC, Griffin Insurance Agency offers multiple types of insurance coverage to the local community. For over 30 years, we have helped our clients find policies to protect their assets. We are committed to helping you find the coverage you need regardless of your situation.

Overview Of Commercial Property Insurance

As a Mooresville, NC business owner, you have to manage a lot of obligations on a daily basis. Things can become stressful very quickly. Commercial insurance helps alleviate some of the stress of operating your business. The policy protects you in multiple ways. You are covered if you are involved in a liability dispute or if your inventory is stolen or damaged. Worker’s compensation protects you if one of your employees gets injured A significant part of your commercial insurance policy is property coverage.

Commercial property coverage helps protect your assets in the event of a disaster. The policy can prevent you from suffering major losses and help ensure that your company continues to function properly. Commercial property coverage protects you if your building is damaged or vandalized. This also includes any damages to your equipment, supplies, and inventory. The policy covers any property damage that occurs due to a natural disaster such as a fire or inclement weather.

You can amend your liability coverage to protect you if you are holding other people’s property at one of your buildings and damages occur. In the event of serious property damage, you can add business interruption coverage so that you will be protected if your business has to cease operations for a few weeks.

Griffin Insurance Agency Will Help You Protect Your Assets

Visit our website today to learn more information about commercial insurance.

Why should I get home insurance for my North Carolina property?

In the Mooresville NC area, buying a home is often a better option than renting. If you do choose to rent a property, you will be making a big investment that you will want to pay dividends in the future. Those that purchase a home in North Carolina need to get a proper home insurance policy for a few reasons. 

Insurance Gives Liability Coverage

A reason that you will want to have home insurance for your property in North Carolina is that it will give liability coverage. There are always going to be liability risks that come with owning a home. These extend to guests being injured or your property causing damage to another home. Fortunately, you are able to mitigate all of these risks if you invest in a home insurance policy as it offers proper liability coverage.

Insurance Covers Assets

You should also get a home insurance policy to ensure that your assets are properly covered. Anyone that is going to buy and own a home in North Carolina will end up making a huge investment that needs to be protected. If you get home insurance, it will give you the coverage that is needed to repair or replace your property in a variety of situations. This could help to protect your investment going forward. 

As you are going to get a new home or home insurance policy in the Mooresville, NC area, it would be a good idea for you to speak with the team at the Griffin Insurance Agency. When you are going to call Griffin Insurance Agency, you are going to get the support that is needed to choose a new policy. With this support, you will feel great about the coverage you select. 

Common Myths About Auto Insurance

It is not easy to choose the right auto insurance, especially if you have never done it before and if there are so many myths about it.  In order to help you make the right choice, Griffin Insurance Agency, serving Mooresville, NC has prepared a list of misconceptions about auto insurance that you should know about:

Red Cars Are More Expensive To Insure

The truth is that the car’s color is not one of the factors in how your auto insurance is calculated. There are other things affecting the cost of insurance, including the model and the age of your car. 

Expensive Cars Cost More To Get Insured

The purchase price of a vehicle does not have an impact on the cost of the premium. Some mid-priced cars may cost more to insure than expensive luxury cars because they cost more to repair or they have a higher loss history. 

Getting Traffic Tickets Will Increase The Cost of Your Auto Insurance

If your driving record is clean and the violation is minor, it may not have an impact on the cost of insurance. However, the more violations and traffic tickets you have, the higher your chances of getting your premium increased.

The State-Minimum Liability Insurance Is More Than Enough 

In most cases, the state-minimum liability insurance is not enough to cover damages in case of an accident. Therefore, if you decide to buy the state-minimum only, you should be ready to pay most of the expenses out of pocket. 

Having auto insurance is a requirement in most of the states, including North Carolina. Now you know the most common myths about auto insurance and will be able to choose the perfect policy based on your insurance needs and budget. If you have any questions about it, do not hesitate to contact Griffin Insurance Agency serving Mooresville, NC, and other surrounding areas  – our agents are ready to answer all your questions. 

3 Tips for Buying Commercial Insurance in Mooresville, NC

Owning a business comes with many rewards. Doesn’t it make sense to protect this business as much as possible? That’s where a commercial insurance policy comes in. You will rest assured knowing you’re protecting your assets, yourself, and your employees. If you’re ready to learn more about purchasing commercial insurance in Mooresville, NC, the team at Griffin Insurance Agency urges you to read the following three tips to help you get started.

1. Work with a Reputable Agent

A friendly, reputable insurance agent will make all the difference when selecting a commercial insurance policy. Our agents answer all your questions, explain each policy in fine detail, and help you pinpoint policies that you can afford. Obtaining commercial insurance is like an investment in your company and your future because you never know when something could happen.

2. Compare Several Quotes

It’s always a good idea to compare several commercial insurance quotes with a reputable agent. This way, you’ll be sure you’ve done your due diligence and selected the right policy for your needs. Policies differ on coverage and price, the two most important factors to consider. 

3. Bundle Your Policies

Chances are you already have a few insurance policies, such as auto, home, life, umbrella, or others. To save money on your premiums, it’s wise to pick one carrier and bundle your policies under them. You may need to switch carriers or start new policies, but it’s worth it, and working with a reputable insurance agent makes this process fast and easy.

To learn more ways to save money on a commercial insurance policy and to secure a policy soon, contact the team at Griffin Insurance Agency today, serving Mooresville, NC. 

Why should I have a home inventory

Moorseville is a popular place to call home. With beautiful Lake Norman nearby it’s like being on vacation all year round. But even in this idyllic place, bad things happen. Having a good home insurance policy makes it less worrisome when you have to file a claim. Nothing can make filing a claim fun but some things can make it a little less stressful and one of them is a home inventory. At Griffin Insurance Agency in  Mooresville, NC, our agency has been providing quality solutions to our customers for more than 40 years

The reason you should have a home inventory is that after your home has been devastated by a covered peril there may not be a lot left to remind you of what you formerly had. You could lose all your photographs and trying to picture what every room or your closet looked like when you have nothing but a pile of debris may be more than you can manage. The insurance company needs to know what you had to replace it for you.  

By taking the time to create a home inventory now, you can make the business of filing a claim for your personal property a lot less painful. It takes time to make a home inventory and documenting all your possessions can be a real pain but compared to the pain of doing it after a catastrophic event there is no comparison. Once you have taken the time to make your home inventory store it in a safe place away from your home if possible but at the very least,  in a water and fireproof box. 

At Griffin Insurance Agency in  Mooresville, NC, we are ready whenever you are to talk about your home insurance needs and the benefits of a home inventory. Give our office a call or stop in for a free quote. 

Should You Get Additional Coverage on Your Auto Insurance?

Depending on your situation, it may be necessary to get additional auto insurance coverage. Each insurance agency has different offerings and this includes packages of different policies. It can be helpful to sit down with an agent such as those at Griffin Insurance Agency of the Mooresville, NC area. Here are just a few of the extra types of policies and where you can ask for extra coverage.

Full Glass Coverage

This pays out if you need to replace or repair your automobile’s window glass if it’s broken or chipped. You wouldn’t have to pay a deductible on this.

Rideshare Insurance

This is a fairly new type of insurance and it covers you when you’re driving for a rideshare service including Lyft and Uber.

Rental Reimbursement

This provides you with coverage to get a rental car when your vehicle is being repaired as a covered claim repair.

Gap Insurance

This covers the difference between the amount the car is worth and what you owe on your auto loan if you are leasing a vehicle. This also can be used if you purchased a new car. Though it’s an optional policy, it’s something that you may be asked to get if you are leasing your car.

New Car Replacement Insurance

This is similar to gap insurance in that it will cover the value of a new car if yours was totaled during an accident. Typically, an insurance company will offer only a gap or new car replacement policy.

Roadside Assistance

Also known as towing and labor coverage, this helps in the instance that you break down and require changing out of a tire, a battery jump, or if you need your vehicle to be towed to the repair shop.

See what you may be eligible for and which of these is offered at Griffin Insurance Agency. Serving the Mooresville, NC area, we’re proud to help the people of the community get the right auto coverage for their needs.

Three common questions about commercial insurance

Business owners need to understand the importance of investing in commercial insurance. At Griffin Insurance Agency, we offer a variety of commercial insurance options to meet the needs of business owners in Mooresville, NC.

If you’re looking to purchase a commercial insurance policy, it’s vital that you do your research. The following are three common questions regarding commercial insurance that you should know the answer to when you’re deciding on the right policy. 

Is commercial insurance coverage necessary for my business?

Probably the most basic question business owners ask is whether they need commercial insurance. The truth is that basically, any company can benefit from commercial coverage. In almost any industry, lawsuits are a real risk.

Another critical thing to realize is that you should carry commercial auto coverage if you use your vehicle for commercial operations. And having workers compensation coverage is crucial if you have employees working for you. 

These factors make it so that the majority of businesses can benefit from or need commercial insurance. 

What does a commercial policy provide coverage for?

Commercial insurance can cover many different company assets and liabilities. Commercial insurance consists of many kinds of insurance, including commercial auto, property, liability, workers’ compensation, and malpractice insurance.

How much coverage does my company need?

The amount and type of coverage you need depend on liabilities your company faces and assets your company has. The best way to find out how much coverage your company needs is to discuss your situation with a representative from your insurance company of choice. 

Get started figuring out the details of your commercial insurance policy with our help at Griffin Insurance Agency. Contact us if you’re a business owner in Mooresville, NC who is looking for business coverage. 

What First-Time Homebuyers Need to Know About Home Insurance

First-time homebuyers make up approximately 33% of all buyers, according to the National Association of Realtors. As a first-time homebuyer, you’re new at this. You’ve never done it before, and your lack of knowledge could cost you time and money with home insurance. Griffin Insurance Agency in Mooresville, NC specializes in working with first-time homebuyers. So, here are some tips you should know if you’re a first-time homebuyer in need of home insurance.

Start Looking for Coverage Options Early

We offer quotes for home insurance coverage no matter where you are in the home-buying process, but it’s better to start early so you have a better idea of the cost. We can make sure you get reliable coverage for your new home.

Determine the Best Insurance Value

As your local insurance provider, we help you understand what level of coverage you need and what that will look like for premiums. Your home insurance does not have to cover the full market value.

What to Consider in Home Insurance Coverage?

We work with you to deliver the level of coverage that you need, based on your unique circumstances. There are overarching home insurance considerations for all new homeowners.

Personal Property

Check the limits for personal property to see coverage and liability. We work with you to determine how to increase that coverage if needed to cover your most valuable belongings.

Guest Medical

This coverage pays the person’s medical expenses when he/she is injured on your property.

Dwelling Coverage

This coverage protects the structure of your home.

Liability Coverage

This type of coverage protects you if a person sues you because of an injury or fault with your property.

Additional Living Expenses

When a covered damage-and-repair situation makes it impossible to live on the property, this coverage pays for your living expenses, including a hotel room.


Check the exclusions for your policy. We can work with you to determine if you need additional coverage to mitigate exclusion situations.

Schedule an Appointment with Griffin Insurance Agency

Our goal is to make the process of getting your home insurance for your new home as quick-and-easy as possible. That’s why we quickly respond to your needs, and we offer our recommendations for the coverage to protect your new home. We’re here to answer all your questions and walk you through the entire process. It’s the right coverage at the right price for you. Learn more about auto insurance from Griffin Insurance Agency in Mooresville, NC.

Do I Need Commercial Insurance If I Run My Business From My Home?

More and more people are choosing to run their business from home. There is no need to pay for an office when you can have one in your home. Even though you manage your business from your home, it’s crucial that it still be treated as a commercial entity. This means having the right commercial insurance policy to meet its needs and protect your personal assets. In Mooresville, NC, the agents at Griffin Insurance Agency can help with that.

A Business is a Business

Just because you run your business from home, it doesn’t change the fact that it must be treated like a business. You are still required to maintain accurate records, and the type of insurance you choose must still be rated as commercial, especially when it comes to liability. For your business to be able to survive in the event of an emergency, a commercial policy is required.

Protect Your Home and Personal Assets

With the right commercial insurance policy, you will be able to protect your home and other personal assets if an accident or other issue arises. Keeping your business interests separate from your home and personal assets is the best way to protect both and keep your business functioning efficiently.

The agents of Griffin Insurance Agency serve business owners in Mooresville, NC, and the surrounding communities. Because of their extensive experience, you can rely on them to provide you with the highest quality commercial insurance policies in the industry. Call and request a commercial policy review. By scheduling a consultation, you know you will be able to get all of your insurance questions answered. Find out what your options are!